Sunday, September 21, 2008

Mamma Mia!

I love my family.

Tonight we watched Mamma Mia! My mum and dad, rarely seen on the movie circuit, joined us for a movie choc-a-block with Abba tunes. The movie had a pretty staged feeling at times, and it was seriously campy and cheesy in many parts but that's what you'd expect and besides that's what I was there for!

Funny moments:

My family are great sports and make things fun. Singing & jiggling along with the songs. My teenage cousin slouching in her chair with the embarrassment of it all (but singing along herself in Take A Chance On Me). They really should have a Abba sing-a-long movie screening.

The ladies in my family get weepy at touching scenes. The key Touching Moment in the movie was when Meryl Streep sings about seeing her daughter grow up. At the back of my head I was thinking, bet mum & aunt are feeling choked up now. At the exact moment, my cousin whispered to me: Got tissue (for mum & aunt)? Ha!

At the end, Meryl Streep and gang do a campy song & dance and then Meryl Streep asks if we want more. To which my aunt promptly yells, YES! And then they do a second song and dance! Ha ha!

My aunt sending an sms back to uncle (who opted to stay home) to dig out the ol' Abba cds! Abba fest!!

Ahhh... back to work, with lots of happy memories to smile at.

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me...

No comments: