Thursday, June 14, 2012

Faith & Art & Craft


Well, hello there. Things in my life have been relatively good, and I've been enjoying this time when my dad is stabilizing and gearing up for another round of chemotherapy next week. We take each day and week as it comes, and we are more appreciative of the times we have together.

The photo above came about on a day in which I was reading about Faith. I also happened to be in a make-something-mood that day. For some reason, I find it easier to work with scraps of craft materials whereas untouched, beautiful pieces of paper tend to give me Crafters' Block. I get such a thrill from repurposing materials that might otherwise have been chucked away.

I used paper scraps, a piece of black ribbon snipped off from a t-shirt, rub-on letters courtesy of Chelle (the closest thing to a sponsor that this blog has!) and ta daaaa...hooks that came with old ikea photo frames. I never know what to do with them and yet it seems wasteful to throw them away, so I have had quite a few idling away in my drawer for years.

I used washi tape to attach the hooks to the back of the paper and voila, a little reminder of faith for my noticeboard. Oh and of course the hooks can be recycled again and again.

About faith.  'Faith must be tested and tried before it becomes real in your life...the purpose of God is to see that perfect faith is made real in His children.' (Oswald Chambers). The grace of God helps me know and believe that He is God, and He is Good. Even though there are bound to be sad times ahead, it is wonderful that God has given me His hope of better things to come, hope of His never-failing assurance that I am His child, secure, safe and free. Despite my foibles, failings, inconsistency, I am loved and accepted because of what Jesus did on the cross. To Him be all the glory.


"Without faith it is impossible to please Him..." Hebrews 11:6


"He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might be the righteousness of God in Him." 2 Corinthians 5:21

No comments: